AT–HOME CAMP ART PROJECT: QUILLING!
You may be home (with an occasional trip out and about) but you can still do some art projects of the type we would be doing this summer, especially 3:00 activities.
- scissors or a basic paper cutter (available at Michaels, Walmart, etc.)
- glue, (clear Elmers is good)
- old magazines (bright color pages)
- a simple wood photo frame ( also available from Walmart or Michaels for $1.00
- You can paint the wood frame if you want to or leave as is. Be sure to let it dry thoroughly before the next step.
- Cut the magazine pages into strips about 1/4 of an inch wide ( or wider if you wish, but not too wide.}
- Using a pencil or thin dowel as a guide, roll the strip into a nice tight coil. Slide the strip off the pencil and if you want, you can pull the strip into a tighter coil.
- At this point you can put a drop of glue on the end to hold it in place. You can also add to the coil by gluing another strip on the end and continue winding it around until the width of the circle is what you want. You can do various widths. Glue each one and let dry completely.
- Keep doing this until you have a lot of them. Then arrange them on the frame and glue each one down in whatever pattern you want.
NEW IN THE CAMP STORE–
SEND A CARE PACKAGE TO SOMEONE!
We are excited to announce that there are new items in the camp Shopify store! There are sweatshirts, T-shirts, leggings, and many other items. And, for the first time, you can send a care package to your child while they are home this summer and not at camp! We have created a mix of “store candy” that you can pair with other items from the store, and surprise your camper with a bit of camp. Visit the store here to shop!
MEET THE DIRECTOR
Jeanne Mockard has been a Strawderman girl since she was 10 years old. She has hiked every trail, worn every costume in the costume room, ridden countless horses, was SCS girl twice, served on the Camp Strawderman board for many years and she is a loyal member of the Strawderman camp family. Jeanne is excited to have the opportunity to continue to offer girls experiences and friendships that truly last a lifetime.